Privacy Statement - Corporate Clients (and individuals connected with our corporate clients)
Corporate clients (and individuals connected with our corporate clients)
Our protection data policy aims to process personal data only to the extent needed for us to provide our services to our clients and/or for other agreed purposes.
We generally collect personal data directly from our clients or from third parties acting on their instructions.
Such personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Provision of professional services, other than public interest functions (see Privacy Statement – Assurance Services BDO) - we undertake a wide range of services, including Tax, Advisory and Outsourcing services (e.g. accounting). We may have to process personal data in order to perform such services and/or provide advice and deliverables to our clients;
- Managing, administering and developing our business - We process personal data in order to manage our relationship with clients, develop our business and services, maintain and develop our IT systems, manage and host events, and to administer and manage our website, systems and applications.
- Quality and risk management and security - we use various measures to protect personal data and other client information, which include monitoring the services provided to clients to detect, investigate and resolve security threats. Such monitoring may involve processing personal data. Our client take-on procedures involve processing personal data that may be obtained (i) from the client himself; or (ii) from publicly available sources (such as databases and general internet searches, etc.) to identify any risks relating to individuals and organisations that may prevent us from working for a particular client or on a particular matter;
- Providing information about our services to our clients - unless the individual, employee or service provider of a BDO client, has opted-out, we may use client business contact details to provide information about our services and activities and events that may be of interest for him or his organization (see Privacy Statement – Newsletters subscription and sending).
- Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations – as a regulated firm, we are subject to various legal, regulatory and professional obligations that may require us to process and/or retain personal data held on our client files.
30 September 2020 version